Saturday, February 05, 2005

News of the Day

I'd like to announce that our daughter, age 10 1/2 months, has officially taken her first step! Only one in a single standing session, but she managed to pull off 3 or 4 steps over the course of 10 minutes. She is growing up so fast *sniffs and sheds a tear*. She'll probably have her driver's license before I do... (unless I make the current goal, which is the end of May, or April if you ask my husband)

Currently Reading: The Joy of Cooking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so Daddy comes home and wants to see Susanna take a step, and she takes FOUR before finally loosing her balance. Maybe if he stayed home with her while I worked, she'd be riding a bike by now... Of course, I'd far rather be at home than working (not that I don't work). Maybe someday soon, she'll say "mama". She already says "dada" (and duck "duh").

By the way, I'm only "reading" the cookbook looking for potluck ideas (tomorrow is the first Sunday of the month and our church always has a potluck then). I don't usually make a habit of really READING the cookbook... although I have to admit that I've been known to read parts of it while nursing... at least that's more educational than the Supremely Satisfying Bathroom Reader, which I have read cover-to-cover *sheepish smile* ... hmm, that doesn't sound too good. Just to clarify, I read that while nursing too, NOT while in the bathroom My husband isn't sure that sounds any better. Oh well, that's what I do.

No comments: