Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Morning at My House

I'm upstairs this morning, trying to focus on praying, and all I can hear is the kids downstairs playing some game about who tastes like what. And as I strive to meditate on God's sovereignty and the hope that I have in the gospel (you know--weighty, serious matters), this is the conversation in the background:

Child 1: "I taste like meatballs covered with chicken!"
Child 2: "I taste like slugs!"
Child 1: "I taste like cod liver oil!"
Child 3: "Well, I SMELL like cod liver oil!"

Seriously.

So then I just have to stop and thank God for His sovereignty in the choice of noisy, crazy children I have :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hmmm, how does child 2 know what slugs taste like? Could it be that boys are even more different than I ever imagined? ;-)