Thursday, April 05, 2012

Intermission

Well, some of you may be glad that I'm back to blogging, and others of you are thinking it's more like I'm back with a vengeance! I know the posts have been rather long and deep lately, and if you're getting overwhelmed, I'm here to let you know that it will not be this way every single time you visit. I want to regularly think and write through deeper, more substantial, more important things, both for my own benefit, and for the benefit of anyone who may be helped by my thoughts. But I do occasionally have lighter thoughts, and some of them may be useful, too, either as an opportunity for a laugh, or as practical help for things around the home, or just as assurance for you that you're not alone in your insanity :) If, on the other hand, you're enjoying the long, deep posts, you can be assured that this is not the end of them, just perhaps of the number of them in such a short space of time. I can't keep up that pace and still "look well to the ways of [my] household"!

The current series of posts on 1 Peter 5 is something I've really wanted to get down in writing for a little while now, and I intend to finish it over the next few weeks. I hope the remaining posts (there are 4 more parts coming) will be helpful to you. I know I've found it helpful to think through these things clearly enough to write them out in readable form - it helps me to remember to deal with things like discontentment and anxiety and pride in a more biblical way if I've put it down on paper. If you missed some and want to find them without looking through the archives, here are the links:

    Hope and Help for the Trials of Motherhood: Intro
    Part 1: A Mother's Submission
    Part 2: A Mother's Humility
    Part 3: A Mother's Contentment
         (short posts: On Contentment, Preparing for Contentment, A Prayer for Contentment, Two Last Quotes)
    Part 4: A Mother's Peace
         (short posts: A First Clarification, A Second Clarification)

Next week will be Part 5: A Mother's Fight.

Following the 1 Peter series, my plan is to post something more substantial on Mondays, and let the rest of the week be for good quotes I've found, an encouraging or convicting verse I've read, something a child said that struck me as either funny or profound, and/or any other random thoughts that come to mind. It is my goal to have something to post each Monday, but I give no guarantees on the frequency of posting the rest of the week. If you are interested in getting posting updates and you don't use google reader or some similar program, you can also go to www.facebook/sarahfullerton.blogspot. If you "like" the page, you will get updated links in your news feed.

And finally, an encouraging blog post via Desiring God on remembering eternity while mothering in the mundane can be found here.

That's all the announcements for today :)

No comments: