Friday, December 30, 2005

You Can Leave Now

Susanna is now well aware that climbing up on a chair and playing with stuff on the kitchen counter is not something she is allowed to do. She regularly climbs up to the counter and as soon as she sees me looking at her, says "Sidown pease. Dadu." (Sit down, please.... thank you.), which she has now heard me say numerous times. Well yesterday, she got a little more obnoxious... I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day when I heard a chair start to move across the floor in the kitchen. Now I've lived long enough to know that chairs don't move on their own (unless there's an earthquake or something), and I've observed my daughter long enough to know that moving chairs means trouble. So I walked into the kitchen and of course, Susanna was in the process of moving a chair over to the counter. She took one look at me, smiled as innocently as possible and said, "Bye-bye, Mommy!";-)

3 comments:

Illusional disfunction said...

i love her to bits and pieces that little sneaky one!!! And she's not even in her terrible twos yet!!! Oh well, at least shes just moving chairs and not screaming at the top of her lungs. She can talk well now though

Illusional disfunction said...

having 2 children is no excuse not to update ur blog. ps what do u want for christmas. love u

Marlene S. said...

I'm amazed at how clever children can be, at how sneaky they can be, and at how candid they can be when they are caught.
Loved this story. Makes me think of my 2 year-old's escapades.