Friday, December 23, 2005

Cookies Are GOOD, Too

Susanna discovered a couple weeks ago that if she pulls a chair up to any counter, dresser, desk, etc., she can climb up and reach the things on top. The other morning, I was in the living room working on something and she wandered into the kitchen. I was pretty focused on what I was doing, so it took me a few minutes to realize that she was being very quiet. Which, as any mother can attest, almost always means the kid is up to no good. So I quickly hurried to the kitchen. The first thing I noticed was that a plate of Christmas cookies that had previously been on the counter was no longer there. The next thing I observed was that one of the drawers below the counter where the cookies had been was pulled out (hmmm... somebody used that as a step up). And then I saw Susanna, sitting on the floor with the plate which was now empty (it had only had two cookies left on it, so at least it wasn't a full plate!), holding the last quarter of a cookie in her hand. She looked up at me, grinned like all was as it should be, and said in her best Cookie Monster voice "Nummy Cookies, Mommy! Nummy Cookies!":-)

No comments: