Friday, September 09, 2005

Martha_Martha Returns

I'm BAAAAAACK! A new computer (and I have to admit that it's another Emachine, but it was really affordable and everyone else we know who has one hasn't had any problems, so we're hoping we just had a dud...) and a couple weeks of hecticness later, I finally have a chance to post again... not that I have a whole lot to say tonight, other than to rejoice that we WERE able to recover our old harddrive (is that one word or two? it looks odd to me), so we didn't lose any of our photos or documents, and now that we've added the old hard drive (that looks weird, too - is it hyphenated? hard-drive? ) to the new computer, we have lots of memory... And also (long run-on sentence... the verb here still being "rejoice") that I just managed to unclog the toilet in the master bath that has been plugged for the past two or so weeks... Don't ask me how I did it, seeing as Nathan and I have both tried several other times with two different kinds of plungers and no success... I think it's actually a problem with the flushing mechanism on the toilet (it's always been a little finicky), seeing as it's gotten "clogged" before with nothing but urine (not even TP) in it! Anyway, lest I digress into the actual disgusting nature of this problem, I'll leave that topic well enough alone. I am just thankful to have a clean, working, 2nd bathroom in time for the arrival of my parents on Monday! (And, for that matter, just to have an extra working toilet... the roughly 3 lb little boy sitting on my bladder 24/7 is making that fixture an especially important one lately!)

Speaking of 3 lb little boys, we've only got 8 weeks till D-Day! Can't believe it's gone by this fast, although I have to admit that things are slowing down lately.... Why is it that the closer you get to the end, the farther away it seems? Maybe because I'M slowing down! Well, it's actually probably mostly that I'm just really looking forward to meeting this little guy and 8 weeks doesn't seem soon enough! Ah, well, I can hardly believe I have a one-and-a-half year old already, so I'm sure all of 6-9 weeks will, in retrospect, seem like no time at all! Want to know something that will surely brand me as some psychotic I-don't-know-what? I'm actually also kind of looking forward to the labour process itself... Don't ask me why... I'm not a sadist or anything!... I just find it kind of exciting... Now ask me about that after I've been through it again I'm also looking forward to having some emotions back (not the crazy I-just-gave-birth-and-my-hormones-have-gone-nuts kind of emotion, just the normal everyday kind). For some reason, I get really numb-feeling in the last trimester. First trimester = cry about EVERYTHING, Second trimester = relatively normal, Third trimester = what's a feeling? Life just seems blah to me lately (was that way with Susanna, too). I mean, I get vaguely excited about unclogged toilets, but really, don't much feel one way or the other about, well, anything. And as frustrating as that is, I don't feel anything particularly strongly even about not feeling anything... Get me out of Apathy Land! I'd rather feel crazy than nothing! Makes me feel spiritually dry like almost nothing else and makes life pretty boring, too!

Anyway, that's about as much posting time as I have if I want to get to bed at a decent hour (midnight being a "decent hour")... but now that we've got a working computer, hopefully I'll be posting a little more frequently! (at least until I've got two kids to occupy me... I make no promises about posting-frequency after the birth of Little Man!)

No comments: