Thursday, March 17, 2005

On Cookies

When I said told Nathan I had a craving for oatmeal cookies this week, I wasn't kidding! I had been holding off on making any all week because I didn't have enough raisins, and I really prefer mine with raisins. So today I got raisins and this evening, I made oatmeal cookies. And now I have had 5, plus the crunchy bits from the one that Susanna ate. And I'd eat another few if I wasn't starting to think that all that sugar before bed is probably not the best idea. Maybe I need a little ice cream... Now if only I could like vegetables so much... for some reason, in the first trimester of my pregnancy with Susanna, I couldn't stand the smell or taste (and sometimes even the thought) of green vegetables. Which is really weird because I am normally the Vegetable-Eater. I used to eat a bowl of green beans for a snack after classes. (Maybe that's the weird part!) Well I thought I might escape that aversion this time around, seeing as I had gotten up to 8 weeks liking everything just fine (chocolate especially). But today at lunch I decided to finish off the left-over peas from last night's dinner, and they made me want to gag. And then I had planned to make a salad for dinner, but the thought of looking at that lettuce was just not at all appealing to me. So here we go again! Hopefully it'll wear off in a few weeks so I don't gain 70 pounds on an oatmeal-cookie-and-ice-cream diet over the course of the next 7 months! And in the meantime, anyone want a cookie?

No comments: