Wednesday, June 08, 2005

How You Walk

"I will walk with integrity of heart within my house; I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless." - Psalm 101:2b-3a

I read that this morning and was particularly convicted by the second phrase... How often have I used precious time to watch some worthless TV program, read some worthless magazine article, thought about things that were of absolutely no consequence, or worse yet, actually harmful? I don't have anything against TV or movies or magazines or R&R in and of themselves, but I know I need to be more careful to choose wisely what I will spend my time and energy on. Lord, grant us wisdom to discern the worthy from the worthless and to pursue that which is full of integrity and weight,that our every moment might bring you glory.

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." - Ephesians 5:15-17

No comments: